Chemical opinion - Attn: Mary

  • Subject: [ferns] Chemical opinion - Attn: Mary
  • From: Kyle799706@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:55:39 -0500

Mary,
  Th'x for the post...I've called two local nurseries and neither product is sold by them here in Maine that they're aware of....I'm going to do some research as so far the disulfoton sounds rather scary and it puzzles me why they don't list an REI?? With a Chemical class I and Code word of Danger I'd assume this to be at least a 24 REI.....something I wouldn't handle or have in a gh.
  On the Imidocloprid the form we use is Marathon II, for control of Thrips....which we have loads of ...we use it as soil integrated in hanging baskets and large containers and anything being over wintered in the gh thats heated...just applied it to some phormium in large containers that are covered in spider mites....
But let me do some more googleplexing and get back...and i'll go through my notes and papers from The New England Greenhouse Confrence last month in Worcester, Mass.

Th'x again

KFB