Re: Chemical opinion - Attn: Mary

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Chemical opinion - Attn: Mary
  • From: Kyle799706@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:02:44 -0500

Mary...
   Good Evening...well doing alot of research this afternoon and reviewing the links you sent...and the endless pages of Disulfoton...my personal opinion now is that I would use imidacloprid if I had to use one or the other...and preferably I wouldn't use anything...
I'm not surprised that Bonide offers it but I was pretty frightened that at 2% Disulfoton becomes a restricted use chemical...and nowhere did I find it labeled for indoor use at all..I'm still doing some research as there is so much to learn....but i would have to say I wouldn't buy this or allow it to be bought at my place of employment for use on any crop.
My cholesteronase level is 750 and with the LD50 numbers i was reading on the products....I wouldn't risk it for anyone.
  Thanks again for the links its scary but always good to learn about this stuff so it can be avoided.

sincerely

 KFB