Re: Chemical opinion - Attn: Mary

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Chemical opinion - Attn: Mary
  • From: "carol noel" <carolnoel2000@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:22:52 +0000

Mary...

That was my question:  how to convert the measurements for Trees to
houseplants...  I was told 1oz per gal of water.

Thanks for all that information about Advantage....

Carol

<ferns@hort.net> >Subject: Re: [ferns] Chemical opinion - Attn: Mary
>Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:38:42 -0800 > >Kyle, > >Here's another
Di-Syston product
>http://www.bayercropscienceus.com/products/view:di-syston/ >I am trying
to find out which would be least toxic to combat scale on my >ferns and
Clivias indoors: Bonide Systemic Houseplant Granules, Bayer >Advanced
Garden Tree and Shrub or Bayer Advanced Garden All-in-One Rose and
>Flower Care Concentrate. >The other question I have is whether to use
the Bayer products at the same >concentration for houseplants as for
outdoor trees, shrubs, roses, and >flowers. >I believe that Imidacloprid
(trade name Advantage) is also used as a >systemic to prevent fleas on
dogs and cats - I am trying to cofirm that now. > >Mary > >----- Original
Message ----- >From: <Kyle799706@aol.com> >To: <ferns@hort.net> >Sent:
Saturday, November 13, 2004 8:55 AM >Subject: [ferns] Chemical opinion -
Attn: Mary > > > > Mary, > >   Th'x for the post...I've called two local
nurseries and neither product >is sold by them here in Maine that they're
aware of....I'm going to do some >research as so far the disulfoton
sounds rather scary and it puzzles me why >they don't list an REI?? With
a Chemical class I and Code word of Danger I'd >assume this to be at
least a 24 REI.....something I wouldn't handle or have >in a gh. > >   On
the Imidocloprid the form we use is Marathon II, for control of
>Thrips....which we have loads of ...we use it as soil integrated in
hanging >baskets and large containers and anything being over wintered in
the gh >thats heated...just applied it to some phormium in large
containers that are >covered in spider mites.... > > But let me do some
more googleplexing and get back...and i'll go through >my notes and
papers from The New England Greenhouse Confrence last month in
>Worcester, Mass. > > > > > > Th'x again > > > > KFB > > > >
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive! > >
http://www.hort.net/funds/ >