Re: Chemical opinion - Attn: Mary

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Chemical opinion - Attn: Mary
  • From: Kyle799706@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:26:28 -0500

Mary basically my understanding is that the second and third of these products are for use outside only...i'm copying the following about the Bonide Systemic Houseplant Insecticide Granules 2%...having read the label / msds.....I wouldn't buy this product and have it in my house. What brings me to this opinion is the statement  under Chronic Health Effects and Carcinogenity..."The Msds does not address this"....in other words...this stuff is so dangerous that if people knew how deadly it was....they wouldn't buy it.

So My having read this material....is making me stay with Neem products completely and horticultural oils...I value my plants...my cats...my cockatiel in the gh, and my life too much to use any of these products in my home.

Just read the label carefully and in full....before you use any product.  Remember...CAUTION= be careful with this product....WARNING = This product could kill you..........DANGER = This product will kill you!!!!!

READ THE LABEL...IF IT DOES NOT LIST INDOOR USE THEN IT IS NOT ALLOWED FOR INDOOR USE AND CONTACT YOUR LOCAL CO-OPERATIVE EXTENSION AGENT...THERE IS AN OFFICE IN EVERY COUNTY IN THE US...AND THEY CAN AND WILL INSTRUCT YOU ON THE BEST ALTERNATIVES...

my best to you in your endeavors....with 225 houseplants of  my own I fully understand the battle!!!!!

Respectively KFB

Brand Information
Brand Name: Bonide Systemic Houseplant Insecticide Granules 1%
Other Codes:    EPA Reg No: 4-253
Form:   granules
Product Category:   Pesticides >> Insecticide >> houseplants

Customer Service No.:   800-536-8231