From: owner-ferns@hort.net [mailto:owner-ferns@hort.net] On Behalf Of Judith
I Jones
Sent: Saturday, 12 November 2005 5:08 AM
To: ferns@hort.net
Subject: Re: [ferns] Adiantum whiteii

Hello.
    I have grown Adiantum hispidulum var. whitei for about 15 years as a
cool greenhouse plant.  t very rarely goes dormant even when the barely
heated greenhouse goes down to the mid-20's (F).  Ih ave not tried it
outside in the ground but since Adiantum hispidulum goes dormant with
estended cold in our mild Pacific Northwest zone 8 I would imagine that this
variety will also.  The frond stands very upright in habit rather than the
norizontal angle favored by the typical species.

Judith I. Jones