Re: Adiantum whiteii

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Adiantum whiteii
  • From: "Judith I Jones" judith@fancyfronds.com
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:05:07 -0800

Hello Keith,
    Thank you for the further details on Adiantum whiteii.  This was passed
along to me from a very good friend when he moved from a beningn gardening
zone to a much harsher zone.  I was fortunate to be on the reciving end of
oneo of every fern in his collection.
    You might be interested to know that I have kept Asplenium goudeyi in my
barely heated greenhouse for the last four winters.  It has not only
survivied down to 24F but benn frozen solid for nearly three weeks with a
high of 30F with no damage whatsoever to the foliage.   kept a little onthe
dry side nestled in among my xeric fern collection.  Bob Halley of hte San
Diego Fern Society sent me the taxonomic description but if you have any
other interesting details about it I would be most delighted to know them.
Frondifrocially yours,
Judith I. Jones
from the Fronderosa in Gold Bar, WA at the base of ahte Cacaade Mountains
along the Skykomish River.