Re: Athyrium color??

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Athyrium color??
  • From: "Marge Talt" mtalt@hort.net
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 02:55:12 -0400

I wondered about 'Wildwood Twist'....acquired one this year and
durned if I can see any twist - looks just like a regular painted
fern to me.  I thought it might show up after time; wonder, now,
after your post if it will.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: John D. Scott <johndscott@mindspring.com>
> Hi Julia,
>
> From my experience, tissue culture isn't all it's cracked up to be
-- at
> least with lady ferns.
> I've had "Lady in Red" for 2 years and have only see mature plants
once in
> Washington State.
>     Mine are nothing, and the Washington plant isn't anywhere as
red as the
> original plant photos.
> The same experience with "Wildwood Twist" - painted lady fern  --
no twist
> after 3 years!
>
> It's probably time for truth in labelling, requiring tissue culture
material
> to be labelled as such, and only mature material should be sold.
>
> John Scott
> PA.

Ursula's