Re: First Mistake with sporeling

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] First Mistake with sporeling
  • From: Regferns@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:15:56 EDT

Anybody who has grown ferns from spores will tell you that we've all failed
at some stage of the process.  Fear not, we continue to grow again.   From the
comments that I have seen, any one of the scenarios might have  occurred.  It
is truly heartbreaking to start the process all over again,  but then again,
we do have successes. I recently lost a carefully monitored  batch of Cyathea
arborea. Please do not become  discouraged.  Success will happen very soon,
and it is exciting.
Reggie Whitehead
South Miami, Florida