Fw: Staghorn dying leaves

  • Subject: [ferns] Fw: Staghorn dying leaves
  • From: "Doret Vermeulen" cfao@iway.na
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:15:56 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Doret Vermeulen
To: ferns@hort.net
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:28 AM
Subject: Staghorn dying leaves

Hi Everyone,

I have a question that please need answering.

When I first started out with stags I was told if a fertile frond starts dying
leave it be it will fall off don't cut it off.  If this is true why should we
leave it on is it because it falls off by it self?  The reason why I am asking
this question is because I have to give a little talk on how to mount etc
staghorns and give the garden club ladies a bit of information on stags.  And
I don't want to tell them to leave dying fronds and if they ask me why I would
not be able to tell them why.  ;^/

An answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much