Re: Fw: Staghorn dying leaves

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Fw: Staghorn dying leaves
  • From: "ALBERT BUSBY" matt4u@btopenworld.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:58:54 +0100

It is always better to let these fronds fall naturally. Apart from the unsightly and damaging results of removing them, plants are able to relocate useful 'elements' from dying fronds. why interfer with nature.
This is particularly true of tree ferns......gardeners insist on cutting off old fronds when generally they should be left on prividing shade and humidity to the erect rootstock
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doret Vermeulen" <cfao@iway.na>