RE: Brown Scale on ferns

  • Subject: RE: [ferns] Brown Scale on ferns
  • From: "carol noel" <carolnoel2000@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 05:17:27 +0000

Question:  IF, as "they" say, Imidocloprid is systemic and kills all
suckers, chewers, niblers and sampler...why wouldn't it work on hard
scale.  Not a challenge...just confused.

Aloha

>From: "Charles Alford" <chasalford@earthlink.net> >Reply-To:
ferns@hort.net >To: <ferns@hort.net> >Subject: RE: [ferns] Brown Scale on
ferns >Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:40:01 -0400 > >The brown scale that
infests ferns is a "soft scale."  Imidiproclid seems >very effective on
this type.  The small white scale, which I know as Fern >Scale, is a hard
scale, and Imidiproclid is not very effective. > >Charles >
>-----Original Message----- >From: owner-ferns@hort.net
[mailto:owner-ferns@hort.net]On Behalf Of >Bonsaigai37@aol.com >Sent:
Friday, September 10, 2004 9:56 AM >To: ferns@hort.net >Subject: Re:
[ferns] Brown Scale on ferns > > >Hmmm... I think I read somewhere that
Imidocloprid wasn't effective on hard >scale species.  Are the results of
everyone proving this to be wrong?  I'll >douse everything.  SCALES!  "I
hates'em."   The little creepy buggers just >infested one of my
Microsorium and one of my Colysis.  I watched the >crawlers move >around
for a few seconds and Neemed the lot of them.  The Colysis >membranacea