Re: Constructing a greenhouse

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Constructing a greenhouse
  • From: "Kent Kratz" <kkratz@casaflora.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:59:15 -0500

Doret,
With so small a space to put a structure in and with walls on three sides,
you would be better off building a shade house made of lathe and covering it
during the winter with your plastic.  You may be able to attach the plastic
to your house walls instead of the lathe.  During the summer, take the
plastic off and leave the ferns in the shade house.  You are only talking
about 18 square meters of plastic.  Instead of a door, you would probably
pull aside the plastic in the front of the house.
Kent