Re: greenhouse

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] greenhouse
  • From: "Deep Roots Nursery" <drew@deeprootsnursery.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:44:44 -0400

Debbie,
well heating needs will be based on the size of the greenhouse and the
glazing used.
Obviously Polycarbonate insulates better 6mm plastic :-)

My houses are all atlas frames, www.atlasgreenhouse.com
check them out... mighty sturdy frames and nice folks.
For a small house I'd use a radiant heater on a thermostat, but in a larger
house or, like in your need one that must stay 70 degrees I would go with an
LB White ventless heater.  Runs off of Propane or Nat gas, REALLY efficient
and bout $500 for a 150,000 btu model.

Drew
Deep Roots Nursery
www.deeprootsnursery.com