Re: Weather

Good grief! What an ignorant bunch. I don't blame Debbie for quitting. I'd have done the same thing. Our MG group is also terrible about using botanical names when discussing plants because they think they are too confusing, but they don't get as carried away as Debbie's ex-group.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" <4042N15@nationalhearing.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Weather

Donna, you once met a fellow MG of mine, Debbie Meade at one of your native
plant meetings. She has since moved to Pennsylvania. She joined a natives
group there and suggested a plant sale and contacted me about some of the
ins and outs of plants sales we conduct here. As it turned out, this was
one of those close-knit groups that isn't very comfortable with newcomers
trying to contribute too much. Among many other useful suggestions she had
that they shot down was the use of botanical names. They told her that no
botanical names could be used ( not even at the bottom of a tag) because
they are just too confusing, too snooty. Debbie quit.