Re: Sassafras

Rich, my BIL that is in construction was here this morn to help hang my porch
swing.  I talked with him about the green wood and he took a look.  The 4x4
is inside the column, does not fit the exterior but is there only to add
stability in wind.  He said he didn't think I would see a problem in my life time
since it is not wood against aluminum.  Thanks for the warning and I learned
something new.
    As a gardener in a constant state of chg, it may not be there very long.
        Ceres