To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: [CHAT now vaccines was now IOWA-

That's what my kids got, Cyndi--the sugar cube. I took it, too, but I was an adult. Most--maybe all--immunizations did not exist when I was a little kid. A tyke at my first birthday party died of scarlet fever a week or so later; I had all those childhood diseases, except scarlet fever--measles [for some reason they darkened the room until the fistulas healed], mumps, whooping cough [for this, they boiled eucalyptus leaves in an old coffee pot in my room], and who knows what else. My younger brother got polio in the late-30s and we were quarantined by LA County; my mother [remember, she was the daughter of a homeopath] put more credence in Sister Kinney than in iron lungs, so she forced him to exercise 24/7. He has no trace of the affliction today [unless, of course, he can't figure out any other way to get out of something he doesn't want to do--then it becomes a major "war wound" excuse].