Re: epis and Jeffersonia and Glaucidium

You'd be most welcome, Bonnie....most of them are done tho' a few
still have some flowers so it would need to be early April:-)  Just
let me know when you feel like heading east tho' this may be my last
spring in this garden since it has become evident that we're going to
have to sell up and move in the very near future - after 30 years
here.  I'm determined to take as much of my garden with me as I can
and have started digging and potting things; figure this season I
will be digging plants; not planting them.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Shadyside Garden Designs

> From: Bonnie & Bill Morgan <wmorgan972@ameritech.net>
> Marge, if I ever get in your neighborhood, I just have to see your
Epi's in
> bloom!
> Blessings,
> Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)
On Behalf
> Of Marge Talt
> Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 3:57 AM
> To: gardenchat@hort.net
> Subject: Re: [CHAT] epis and Jeffersonia and Glaucidium
> Late on this thread as usual, but I have been enjoying my epis this
year as
> I've been down in the woodland garden and caught most of them while
in bloom
> BUT did not have sense enough to take camera down to get pix while
they were
> at the height of bloom...yet again.  I've
> got:
> Epimedium brachyrrhizum
> Epimedium cantabridgensis
> Epimedium diphyllum - large leaf form
> Epimedium epsteinii
> Epimedium grandiflorum 'Lavender Lady'
> Epimedium grandiflorum 'Lilafee'.....this really is a lovely child;
> recommend it.
> Epimedium grandiflorum 'Orion'
> Epimedium grandiflorum 'Silver Queen'
> Epimedium x  'Kaguyahime'.....this was given me by a UK pal; it is
tiny but
> the foliage and flowers are fabulous - well worth looking out for.
> Epimedium x rubrum
> Epimedium x setosum
> Epimedium versicolor
> Epimedium x versicolor 'Sulphureum'
> Epimedium x youngianum 'Azusa'
> Epimedium youngianum niveum
> All seem to be doing fine; some are doing a bit too fine as they're
> more territory than I want them to:-)  Got several from Daryl in
'03 and I
> am finally beginning to recognize them and attach their names to
them - will
> take some time before I can look at these plants and say this is X
> scratching around for the label I buried next to it:-)  My problem
> Epimediums is that they're addictive - so many and so little time
and not
> enough $$:-)
> I'd assumed that Daryl sent his plants later because of his zone -
they were
> later coming on.  Kitty, did he say that they should be dug in June
in all
> climate zones?
> I also grow Jeffersonia diphylla and if I'm quick enough I get to
see the
> flowers - they're as brief as bloodroot but the plant is well worth
> for the foliage.  Have a slew of Jeffersonia dubia that I grew from
> some flowered this spring and I badly need to dig them up and pot
them as
> they're crowded in a seedbed I made for them too long ago.  Does
> know when the best time to dig these little darlings would be?
Same with