Re: Herb Suggestion

Sue - welcome to the list!

Not really an herb nor a plant that you can just seed into bricks,
but one that would probably survive in them, which a lot of plants
will not - Sempervirens (hens and chicks).  They need very little
soil; I've seen them growing on the top of a stone wall - thrive in
sun and come in interesting colors from reds to pale greens
(foliage).  They make strange little flowers on tallish (for them)
stems.  After flowering, the mother plant dies and the babies take
over.   They do not get tall nor spread hugely laterally tho' they do
spread by the offsets (chicks).  Make a great texture.  I have them
in my sand bed and a group in a hollowed out log that looks rather
neat if I say so myself...they're kinda addictive.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Shadyside Garden Designs