Re: Weather

Our nursery group just finsihed potting about 450 two-inch pot plants up to quarts and gallons. We do it across the street at another MGs house. She babysits them until May 10 when we transport them to the nursery. That way if the temp dips too low at night, below 30, she cancover them with sheets. It's going to be low tonight, so we covered them before we left.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Weather

Yeah, sheets are best--or commercial freeze protection cloth. Whatever you use, it has to breathe. Plastic is sure death.

On Apr 13, 2008, at 4:08 PM, Patricia wrote:

9 inches.... that is way too much! Are we suppose to get a freeze tonight? I wanted to go out and plant my tomatoes that I have had for a couple of weeks now. It is so cold and WINDY... that I can't make my self go out there.
Can you throw sheets and blankets over things?
I see people put plastic but I have read that plastic is not good for protection. What do you think?