To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 10:59 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] canned cat food/BPA

The chemical implicated in this (BPA) is the same one that Canada just banned from being made into baby bottles, and the Nalgene is removing from plastic formulation of their famous water bottles (any of you who camp likely own a Nalgene bottle). Apparently there is relatively little concern about adult humans using the bottles- but who knows... Canada hasn't banned BPA from the lining of formula cans, but only because they don't apparently have a reasonable alternative substance for that lining yet.... I give George a spoonful of wet cat food everyday to take his glucosamine also. He needs it for his arthritis, so I won't be stopping this.
Theresa

Kitty wrote:
I agree, about the expense & messiness. Just since January I've been giving my boys canned food because BH needs his glucosamine mixed in it. What impressed me in the article was that it's the coatings used on pop-top cans that are most suspect.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5