Re: canned cat food/BPA

Thanks for the additional information. I think I'll toss my Nalgene bottle. They're not recalling them, as far as I can tell from their website.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa G." <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 10:59 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] canned cat food/BPA

The chemical implicated in this (BPA) is the same one that Canada just banned from being made into baby bottles, and the Nalgene is removing from plastic formulation of their famous water bottles (any of you who camp likely own a Nalgene bottle). Apparently there is relatively little concern about adult humans using the bottles- but who knows... Canada hasn't banned BPA from the lining of formula cans, but only because they don't apparently have a reasonable alternative substance for that lining yet.... I give George a spoonful of wet cat food everyday to take his glucosamine also. He needs it for his arthritis, so I won't be stopping this.