Re: Blooming Today
  • Subject: Re: Blooming Today
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 11:49:28 -0700

You mean walking outside helps you remember things? I'd better do that
more often... might find my car keys.

Too early for much to be blooming here--a few early cherry trees in
the neighborhood (our two are still asleep), daffs, muscari,
clemantis, tulips, pansys, forget-me-nots, camelia (next door).
Apricot is finished. Both currants and gooseberries have buds; didn't
check the blueberries but since they don't yet have leaves, probably
not. Of greater interest than flowers has been the daily visits by Mr.
& Mrs. Mallard--he's the pretty boy but she's definitely the boss. I
suppose that once they've scoured our yard of bugs and grubs we won't
see them again until next year.

On Apr 9, 2011, at 11:16 AM, Pam Evans wrote:

> Oxalis, that's what they are.  I knew I'd remember the name as soon
> as I
> walked outside.  Green leaf & purple leaf varieties.
> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Blackhaw viburnum, Spanish & French lavenders, roses of all
>> descriptions,
>> all the salvia greggiis, bluebonnets, pansies, dianthus, snapdragons,
>> lobelia, portulaca, irises, the wood sorrel (shamrock type, real name
>> escapes me at the moment), a few late leucojums, vinca, ruellia,
>> coreopsis
>> and probably a few other things I can't think of off the top of my
>> head.
>> Now if we could just get some bloody rain.  Driest Spring I can ever
>> remember....
>> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Daryl <dp2413@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> Japanese Maple, Shasta Viburnum, Apple, Dogwood, Wisteria, Azalea,
>>> Spirea,
>>> Loropetalum, Holly, Black Jetbead (almost done), Illicium,
>>> Blueberry,
>>> Rose,
>>> Cherry Laurel, Carolina Jessamine, Tea Olive, and an amazing
>>> Japanese
>>> Camellia
>>> that belongs to my neighbor. I may have to get a cutting of that
>>> one,
>>> since it
>>> blooms so late that the buds aren't starting to open when we have
>>> our
>>> winter
>>> www.freekibble.com