Re: Blooming Today
  • Subject: Re: Blooming Today
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 15:27:27 -0400

You're as bad as I am. I'd forgotten to add Fothergilla and Kerria japonica to the list. Of course as soon as I looked out, I saw them.

I haven't inventoried the perennials and bulbs - those were just the woodies. We've got that nasty weed Vinca blooming, too, and Pansies and Salvia greggii, but I don't remember what else. I've been taking pictures of various flower forms and posting them on the gardening forum. I wish we could do that on Garden Chat, but here's a link. http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ws-gardening&tid=199206 . Looking at the link reminds me that I also forgot the Calycanthus.

One of these days, I want to see Texas Bluebonnets blooming in person. California Poppies, too.

We've gotten a bunch of rain over the winter, but we're supposed to be droughty this summer. I heard on the news that Texas is already hurting.