Re: Good Bread

When I arrived in the US in 59, there wasn't much else but what I called
Kleenex bread. You know, the kind you could squeeze to about a third of it's size.
Now we have several exellent bakeries in the D.C. Metropolitan area. The
"Firehook Bakery" is one of the best. They bake a "Landbrot" on Thursdays,
exellent, with the solid bread feel you mentioned.
The only good German Restaurant I have ever been to is Maders in Milwaukee.
Godi zone 7
Mt. Vernon VA