Re: OT gas prices

> I listened to an "expert" being interviewed on the prices this week.
> According to him, there was no way they would get any better.  The prices
> at the pump go up when the barrels go up so the stations will have enough
> money to buy at the higher prices.  We don't control the supply and even if
> we drilled at home, we couldn't match the supply as so much is used for
> plastics and non-gas products.  Saw an article that said the sale of
> scooters is way up...eventually, our cities might look like those in
> Europe.  One person said it took $5 to fill his scooter vs $50 for his SUV.
> Right there is part of the problem IMPOV.

Of course, the scooter phase will only last until California and other
states interested start taxing people on a per mile basis instead of
using gasoline taxes.

California has been a huge proponent of this and people with hybrid
cars are very unhappy.

I read a recent report that said we shouldn't be suprised to see gasoline
prices of $6/gallon in the near future.