To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Extreme Heat!

We had a water main break tonight which reduced our water pressure to a
trickle.  With the black gumbo clay soil, it shifts so much in drought
conditions, it tears the underground pipes up. Took 30 mins. to fill the
tub, which I had to do before they started the repair and cut the water
off
completely.  Just what we needed w/ 100+ temps, now in our 18th month of
drought and no rain in sight for the foreseeable future.  Lovely.  Just
lovely.