Re: hort.net moving?

> what about the hort.net fund?  Could you use that money for some of the
> bills?

All gone.  :)

> In 2003 you wrote, "I've been doing extra work and have paid about $4000
> out of my own pocket for equipment and bandwidth this year...To continue
> operating, hort.net needs about $2000 per year."  And now you say, "I've
> paid $2000 out-of-pocket this year to keep the site running..." So we can
> assume that in 2004 and 2005 you shelled out similar amounts of money.  I
> don't know why we can't contribute something to this.

The 2004-2005 missing funds were pretty much covered by the hort.net fund,
but this year it was dry and I'm covering things on my own.  We might be
able to make it through the end of the year if all invoices are paid by
custoemrs, but once I lose that $2400/year customer things will change.

Basically, they're now under new management, fired their old Web designer/
webmaster, and are now in the process of revamping the site.  I suspect
that they want to move somewhere else.

> I wish I could offer some suggestions, but I'm not particularly
> knowledgeable about this technical stuff.

Any fund-raising ideas would be great.  I know that you guys are smart!
:)

Chris