Re: hort.net moving?

Your idea about linking plants in the gallery to nursery inventories is not a bad idea, IMHO. I am forever trying to find a source for plants I've seen online.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] hort.net moving?

Well- I'm glad you are letting us know there are issues and kind of wish
you'd told us earlier.  While donations won't fix the problem, I rather
feel like donations are the least we can do the help reimburse the $2K
you've "donated".  For the long term, I think what ever is the easier,
and least financially burdensome should be the choice.  You'll know
these things alot better than any of us.  We certainly all can live
easily with slower post times, etc.  Also, we can work on sending
individual messages/greetings, and some of the really Off Topic
issues/opinions off-list to help save bandwidth.  Any other suggestions
of what WE all can do to help??
I don't think that you guys need to regulate or change your behavior in
any way, although I appreciate the offer.  :)  In all honesty, the lists
don't use much bandwidth or anything.  Even disk space isn't an issue;
hort.net as a whole (with all lists) only takes about half a gigagbyte of

What I'm mostly interested in is other financial options that I haven't
considered.  One example is sponsorship -- would anyone know of a company
that would be interested in sponsoring hort.net?

Or are there other income opportunities that I'm missing?  I've thought
of linking plants in the gallery to nursery inventories for a fee, as
another example.