RE: Re: frogs....released pets

YIKES!  I think I'll stick with the little frogs I have!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of TeichFlora@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:02 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Re: frogs....released pets

Oh my gosh, Zem.  I don't think we have those here.  I had to  look it up to
see what it was.  First impression was that it looked very  similar to our
native Gulf Coast Toad....but upon reading further
(http://www.floridagardener.com/critters/BufoMarinus.htm  ) it sounded more
like a bullfrog on steroids.
WOW.   Scarey that a dog or cat that bites it dies within a few hours.  So
assuming this is another pet that escaped???  Was not clear if it was
introduced on purpose or accidental.  Hmmm...maybe the pythons are released
to get the toads that were released to get the rats.  So were the rats
released to
eat the Kudsu, that was  realeased.....          Geesh.....what next??
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 8/15/2006 11:02:40 PM Central Standard Time,