To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:07 PM
Subject: [CHAT] How important is a phone number?

Hi guys,

  I have a question for you from a business owner's perspective.

  How important is it that a business have a phone number that you
  can call?  Or fax?

  Right now I'm paying $65/month for a phone line and a fax line for
  the nursery, costing me $780/year.  That's money that I can't
  afford to spend right now, especially since I hardly even get phone
  calls to the business anyhow.  Most are from people trying to sell
  something, and the rest followup with an email (which the answering
  machine suggests).

  How disastrous would it be to not have any phone lines associated with
  the business?

I appreciate any insights,

Chris