Re: foxglove

too true Bonnie. I agreed to have a garden tour here. It's going to be a lot of "Now you can see what happens if you let THAT seed around" I just don't think I'll have time to weed and thin it all. The beds I weeded a couple of weeks ago need attention already & some I have barely touched this year. This isn't a great time for blooms in my garden. I'll have some lillies, hosta, & roses, grape arbor over the carport is fantastic & green seedless should be ripe. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bonnie Holmes" <holmesbm@usit.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] foxglove

Thanks, I know I will love them...I have a number of things that aren't
real showy but very pretty and I have also learned to appreciate leaves and
their texture and color.  One of my neighbors commented that I have a
jungle...so true, and now I am trying to do some prunning and weeding.  It
is too hot to transfer things.

I think I am at the point where I need to be more selective in certain
beds.  It is difficult for me to take out some of my volunteers but know
that it must be done to have attractive beds. I have several that I'm very
pleased with and others that are a hodgepogue that need work.