Re: I got a leafblower!

Congratulations!

One of my best gifts was a load of horse exhaust. My gardening friends were jubilant with me. The non-gardening ones thought I'd been had and that I should dump the cad that brought it. (We're celebrating our 37th anniversary on Thursday).\

BTW, I hate the leaf blower part, except for its ability to blow leaves and stuff away from the door, but love the leaf sucker/chopper. It's great for getting into the middle of my perennial beds to get whole leaves that choke the plants. I can just dump the chopped leaves on the ground where they're needed.

Okay so it's not that much to get excited about, but I am. Husband
bought me an electric leafblower for my birthday and I tried it out
right away. I should have gotten one years ago! It did a much better job
getting the dirt off the patio than sweeping or water, I even got all
the debris that piles up between the potted plants. Of course, in the
winter there will be oodles of leaves, but I can blow those onto the
lawn and then mow them up.   I didn't try using it as a vacuum/shredder,
which it claims it can do...I doubt it, since we had an electric leaf
shredder once and it didn't work worth a darn, but we'll see. What it
doesn't do as well is get dirt that's been kind of glued down by water,
like under the dog's water bowl.  But all in all, I'm very pleased. It
isn't very noisy and being electric there's no exhaust pollution.
My co-workers will think I'm some deprived person, I didn't get jewelry
or fancy clothes for my birthday, I got a leafblower... but I knew you
guys would understand!

Cyndi