From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Daryl
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 6:36 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I got a leafblower!

Congratulations!

One of my best gifts was a load of horse exhaust. My gardening friends
were
jubilant with me. The non-gardening ones thought I'd been had and that I

should dump the cad that brought it.  (We're celebrating our 37th
anniversary on Thursday).\

BTW, I hate the leaf blower part, except for its ability to blow leaves
and
stuff away from the door,  but love the leaf sucker/chopper. It's great
for
getting into the middle of my perennial beds to get whole leaves that
choke
the plants. I can just dump the chopped leaves on the ground  where
they're
needed.

>> Okay so it's not that much to get excited about, but I am. Husband
>> bought me an electric leafblower for my birthday and I tried it out
>> right away. I should have gotten one years ago! It did a much better
job
>> getting the dirt off the patio than sweeping or water, I even got all
>> the debris that piles up between the potted plants. Of course, in the
>> winter there will be oodles of leaves, but I can blow those onto the
>> lawn and then mow them up.   I didn't try using it as a
vacuum/shredder,
>> which it claims it can do...I doubt it, since we had an electric leaf
>> shredder once and it didn't work worth a darn, but we'll see. What it
>> doesn't do as well is get dirt that's been kind of glued down by
water,
>> like under the dog's water bowl.  But all in all, I'm very pleased.
It