Re: Camera saga

The camera isn't cheap, but neither is an SLR especially after you buy a
few lenses to go with it.... I paid around 400 if I remember correctly.

  Donna

Patricia Dickson <pdickson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Donna,
What does a camera like this one cost? I have been looking for a camera to take the place of my personal camera.
Thank you,
Tricia

Donna wrote:
Actually this one does handle most things well. rapid fire isn't there,
but color/clarity is. Only thing is something pretty far is rough for a
close up, but those shots would have to have some huge lens attached
anyways.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=144&modelid=15669#ModelTechSpecsAct

So far I have been pretty impressed with it.... and I don't miss carrying that bag full of extra equipment with me everywhere....

Donna

james singer wrote:
I've got a Kodak DX4900, which fits in my pocket, that is fine for
snapshots. But if I want to take a picture of a flower or a fruit, the
details [and often the color] just aren't there. It's also a bit slow
so rapid-fire sequences and stop-action shots are out of the question.

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'