Re: just checking

  • Subject: Re: just checking
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:36:10 EDT

Very funny, Kitty.
Seriously, making butter is no big deal. When our boys were small we had
milk delivered to the house each day.  In those days we could still get milk
that was pasteurized but not homogenized.  I don't know if it's still
available -
not in the supermarket for sure.  Anyway, it was easy to skim off the top
inch or so of cream.  I kept it in a quart mayonnaise jar until the jar was
about half full, then would just shake the jar for a few minutes until the
butter "came."  I made all the butter we needed in those days, and it was
really good, sweet butter.  I used to make all our bread, too, but the boys
came home from playing with neighbor children and said "Ma, why can't
we have nice bread like the Blackmores do.  It's called Wonder."
Don't make bread much these days.  We'd just eat it if I did, and we
don't need that.
Auralie

In a message dated 8/16/2009 2:40:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,