Re: Jobs
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Jobs
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 19:56:23 -0400

No bean counters here, but no regular hours, either, except for the ever-changing conference call. As long as it's done within deadlines, it's ok.

It's actually easier to get paid for a certain number of hours whether productive or not, if you can read or chat at somebody else's desk while on duty. When I'm on my honor, but paid per hour (rather than per job), I feel honor-bound to work every minute I'm on the clock. Several people have told me I'm an idiot to feel that way, but I'm an old geezer, and that's how I was brought up.