RE: Deer

That time was hunting season in MD - the state suspended the season so as to
eliminate the hunting gunshots.

-----Original Message-----
From: Janet  Laytham
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: 12/12/2002 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Deer

At Thanksgiving dinner this year, a Fairfax policeman  told  the tale of
some idiot hunter who was hunting in the local woods one night with a
flashlight and out of season during the sniper shootings here.  Of
course
the police were called and he was quickly surrounded by police snipers
in
helicopters.

Breaking two laws is bad enough, but during that frightening time showed
lot of common sense.

Janet

on 12/12/2002 7:24 AM, Pamela J. Evans at gardenqueen@gbronline.com
wrote:

> Sounds like East Texas during hunting season - sad but true.  Rednecks
are
> alive and well folks.  Maybe the only serious drawback to life in the
South.

> From: David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net>
> Date:  Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:43:28 -0800
>
>> Sounds charming Zem!
>>
>> DF
>>
>> Zemuly@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>> Mine particularly enjoy roses; however, when hungry they will eat
anything.
>>> Right now is the middle of deer hunting season with every pickup
sporting
>>> it's resident 4-wheeler with gun mount.  It's a real fun time with
terrified
>>> fawn running all over the highways and county roads and lots of
skinned
>>> bodies dripping from hooks at the deer processor's.  Oh, and don't
let me
>>> forget to mention the adorable baby clothing all done up in
camouflage
>>> material and embroidered with quaint Southern expressions like,
"Forget,
>>> Hell."  At the moment I can think of another "herd" I would like to
see
>>> "managed."  This fun season lasts until after January 1.  We are
also