Re: Peony question

I just got home and checked my file.  P. cambessedesii is the one I was
dying for.  If you have access to old Horticulture mags,  it was
highlighted in the May 2000 issue.  It is stunning:
"One of the earliest blooming is P.cambessedesii, native to the
Mediterranean.  In late March, its diminutive leaves appear, with a lovely
metallic blue gleam on the upper surface and a ruby-burnished underside.
shortly thereafter, the single, rich-pink flowers emerge, with their
carmine marbling and large boss of golden anthers."
I wish you could see the photos.  It's depressing that it can't be grown
anywhere colder than Zone 8.