Re: Happy Holidays to All

> Christmas cookies planned, but ended up baking chocolate chip cookies
> every other day (3 batches) to keep up with demand!

Cathy,
Everyone enjoys the specialties, but nothing beats a really good chocolate
chip cookie!

Tollhouse recipes vary slightly, but the three things I do to make the best
ones are:
A)  use 2 shortenings - half butter and half crisco - yields flavor and
not-flat cookies
B)  always use more flour than any of the recipes call for, usually 3 cups
when they call for 2-1/4
C) always bake for minimum time, 8 min in my oven, softer, chewier cookies

Kitty