Horticulture F05

I just opened the Feb issue of Horticulture and read Tom Fischer's
opening rmemarks. He mentions that he likes the garden of no green in
Jan and goes on to discuss why. He talks about reading "Weeds of the
Northeast" and realizes he has many of those listed in the book. He
finally comes to his two questions he rhetorically asks the reader (and
the reason I brought this up here at chat because it gave me a good

"First, how do those of you who live in parts of the country with a
12-month growing season keep from going nuts? And second, wouldn't you
love to have 5 minutes alone with the idiot who said 'A weed is just a
plant growing in the wrong place.'?"