Re: Cat names

You all give me hope on my current project -- raising 4 kittens from a feral mother! (who I recently trapped and is at the vet being spayed as we speak). They are 3 months old now and 3 have been inside with me for about 5 weeks, doing just great. The 3rd one I caught a little later and it took a little while for him to soften up but he is just fine as a pet now. The 4th one I just was able to trap a few days ago and I still have him in a cage. But he eats off a spoon held by my hand and is calmer, so I am hopeful. Their names are Nico (apricot and white, gorgeous), Nessa (black and white), Nate (orange and white), and Noah in the cage (gray). I will be keeping Nico and Nessa inside with my older two cats, and Nate and Noah will live under my house with several other outdoor cats including their mother, aunt, and grandmother. Whew!
--Barb, Grass Valley CA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 12:25 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Cat names

Good names, Jim.  I once had a cat named Scardy Cat; male black and
white who was born wild but eventually became quite tame.  He turned
out to be a true gentleman...still miss him and he's been gone for at
least 20 years.  Just takes some time and patience to turn scardy
cats into lap cats:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Shadyside Garden Designs

From: james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net>

We finally settled on names for the two cats. The homely little
will be "Squinty Cat" because she squints a lot, especially in the
when I first turn on the lights. The large all-black cat that
most of her time under the bed will be "Scaredy Cat" for obvious
reasons. Scaredy is becoming more sociable, but it's a slow
She's really a beautiful cat, long coal-black fur and bright green
eyes. We have some hope that Squinty, who is very sweet and loving,

will eventually civilize Scaredy. But that may be wishful thinking.