OT/Itching dogs

OK, I need some advice. My 10 year old lab, Gracie is an itching fool.
I've got her on 50 mg of bendryl 3xs a day, She's always suffered from
allergies AND really dry skin and I'm starting to think it's not
allergies, but rather dryness (especially now that we are in a much less
humid climate).

What can I give her that's relatively inexpensive (remeber people, I no
longer work for the governement) and easy to get to help? I know about
the omega 3 fatty acids. Never done a thing for her. Should I just start
rubbing her down with lotion? Lennox (smallest Boxer in the world named
after the heavy weight champion) is itchy too and he's never had
allergies.

  THANKS!

Andrea H
Petersburg, IL