Re: OT/Itching dogs

P:recious also suffers from extremely dry skin plus allergies. I have noticed a big improvement after adding a big capsule of Omega 3 to her diet. She loves the pills, I guess, because they tase fishy. I also give her oatmeal baths. Once she starts scratching she will not stop until one of us has a nervous breakdown. :-)
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea Hodges" <andrea.hodges@sbcglobal.net>
To: "Sharon Democker" <skdemocker@aol.com>; "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>; "Kay Peters" <kaypeters@direcway.com>
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 11:13 PM
Subject: [CHAT] OT/Itching dogs

OK, I need some advice. My 10 year old lab, Gracie is an itching fool.
I've got her on 50 mg of bendryl 3xs a day, She's always suffered from
allergies AND really dry skin and I'm starting to think it's not
allergies, but rather dryness (especially now that we are in a much less
humid climate).

What can I give her that's relatively inexpensive (remeber people, I no
longer work for the governement) and easy to get to help? I know about
the omega 3 fatty acids. Never done a thing for her. Should I just start
rubbing her down with lotion? Lennox (smallest Boxer in the world named
after the heavy weight champion) is itchy too and he's never had

Andrea H
Petersburg, IL