Re: gripe

Have to agree. I live in a sports crazy town. People with no kids in
school go to the games, and at least 10 minutes of the local news is
devoted to regional HS sports. When the schools closed because of
excessive heat last fall, the sports teams were still out practicing,
and when the schools were in a budget crunch (don't get me on the
topic of the school board) they shortened the school day, but no talk
about dropping sports. Come to think about it, if they did, they
could probably get the populace to agree to raise property taxes!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b