Re: help needed!

Pretty sure HD sells them. They're standard decor for cantinas.

On Dec 20, 2008, at 11:05 AM, Daryl wrote:

I have friends in the ice belt who used to do that. Thanks for the reminder. I was told that it only worked when it was close to the freezing mark, though.

Friends in New Orleans used to do that, too, when frost threatened their trops.

Do you know if they still sell those? I don't think I've seen them recently. I'm sure they're not PC.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] help needed!

OK, don't laugh at me guys - cause it works. Remember last December/January when Oklahoma had this HORRIBLE ice storm move through and take down a ton of trees with the weight, which caused power to go down for about 3 weeks in some areas? Well, some of the trees that were close to my house I managed to save with Christmas lights. Yep...the big bulbs like you used to hang on your house. You can drape them around your tree branches and the ice will slowly melt off. I know it's a lot of work, but it's worth it if you want to save your trees. I had a BIG crepe myrtle, a river birch, and several maples that I saved that way. As for the trees in the pastures and creek area...nothing I could do. Just had to let nature take it's course. We
lost a lot of branches down there.

Inland Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W