Re: check in time

About six inches of snow here overnight, and the temperature
is around 20 degrees and falling.  They finally came to plow the
road and our drive around noon.  This is a new plow guy.  The
one who used to come did a really bad job - pushed piles of
snow up against the garage doors so we couldn't get the cars
out, etc.  This one did a much better job, but I hope he is more
prompt in the future.  We are not on a town road so  the
neighborhood has to contract with a private plower. Those down
near the main road don't want to pay for the whole road, so the
four houses up at our end have to bear the most of it.
Interestingly, yesterday juncos showed up ahead of the storm.
I'd been watching for them for a couple of weeks, but hadn't
seen any.  Yesterday there was a flock - must have been more
than a dozen - in the backyard.  I guess that's why they're
sometimes called "snow birds."
In a message dated 12/19/2008 1:00:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cathycrc@comcast.net writes:

On Dec 19, 2008, at 7:08 AM, Donna wrote:

> weather here is the pits, but I am sure it is for most of the
> country within
> the 48hr period.  How is everyone doing?

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.