Re: Feral cats

I think sometimes it depends on what they've been through (which you'll never know) with the human species. Braveheart came to me with Mick. Mick was about a year and came into the house within a couple of days. Braveheart who seemed older, maybe 2 or 3 yrs, wouldn't let me touch him for months. Then one day, after watching the other cats do it without coming to great harm, he jumped up on my stomach and settled in. Mick looked like he may have been a pet. Braveheart was never anyone's pet. I'd guess feral or barn cat. I often wonder how the two met up before showing up at my door.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Feral cats

Ya know..sometimes it is just the cat's basic personality to not trust
humans. We've had barn kittens, born wild by some stray cat. Some of them
would come to us, the others would run and hide and not come out until we
left.  Just like people - they have their own personalities.  But I would
trap them and take them to the vet/humane society because you don't want a
bunch of wild cats running around and that's what will happen. Good luck to
you...and I admire your big heart.