Re: More weather

I walked out on the front porch & stuck a yardstick in the snow. Picked a couple of low areas. Very unofficial 7 inches on the ground. Over the tops of any shoes I own, so I won't be venturing any further unless I did out the gaiters I used to wear cross country skiing. Home sick from work, the cold I picked up last week is worse. At least I don't feel guilty skipping the drive down the hill. ----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <inlandjim1@q.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] More weather

We're getting snow again this AM. Now we have a ground cover of snow, ice, snow. And the paper sez it will keep up like this until after Cmas. Last night we lost a fair-sized limb off one of the big incense cedars in the back yard and a neighbor's maple is now bending over the fence and touching down on our deck; it doesn't look like it's broken, however. Big limbs on one of the oak trees in the park across the street are bent to the ground. Some nearby areas have lost power. Our utilities are underground so with a little luck we'll be spared outages; it's no time to be without power.