RE: More weather

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: RE: More weather
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:51:20 -0800

I am actually considering getting some snow boots or similar, just in
case this happens again when it's really cold. Wet feet weren't so bad
this time because despite the snow it barely got below 30.
My sister was stuck for 3 days at her house, she lives about an hour
from me but higher elevation. Her big hay shader collapsed from the snow
load with the tractor underneath, her 4x4 couldn't get any traction and
there was too much snow for anything else to move. No one on her street
could get out either. I told her I didn't have a lot of sympathy, she's
got 5 horses that could be saddled up, she could have gone riding.