Re: Unfinished projects, was Merry Christmas/Happy New Year
  • Subject: Re: Unfinished projects, was Merry Christmas/Happy New Year
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:05:26 -0500 (EST)

I have at least two partially finished sweaters in a work basket.  For years
I knotted constantly - always took my knitting to meetings, etc.  I made
sweaters, stoles, numerous other things for family, friends, and even sold
some.  A friend who had connections at Bloomingdales' said she could
place my sweaters there, but I didn't want to be tied down to making the
same thing over and over.  The biggest pleasure was selecting new yarns,
planning patterns, making up new stitches, etc.  I did the most knitting in
the fall and early winter watching football games on television.  Then,
ten years ago in one of my rounds of Lyme disease, my right hand stopped
working right.  I had had some degree of ulnar neuropathy for years, but not
enough to keep me from knitting, but that time it did.  I miss knitting
Every once in a while I go back and try again, but it just doesn't work any
more.   I haven't been able to watch football this season, either.
I have always hated to leave a job unfinished, but for the past year or so
has seemed thatI was always working on something that I couldn't finish
until I had a further bit of information from someone I couldn't quite
reach or
pin down.  Spent a lot of frustrating time that way getting Horticulture
set up across the state, and I can see it coming at me again this spring.
well, I'm officially retired from that job, even though I still do it, so
maybe this
year I'll just quit and let someone else cope.
Happy New Year to all of you.  May 2012 be a great one in your gardens.
In a message dated 12/30/2011 1:15:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,